Benefits of using Pinterest for your business:
1) Using Pinterest is an easy way for you to show off your brand or product. By creating boards showcasing your work with pictures and useful hash tags, you are opening up the door a wider audience to see what it is you have to offer.
2) Drive more traffic to your site by utilizing pinterest with your posts. Every post you make has the ability to be seen and read by numerous amounts of perspective customers. By posting , you are able to advertise your webpage, blog, or Etsy store as much as you can. Doing this will eventually increase your site traffic if not sales.
How to use Pinterest for your business:
- First , make an introductory pin. Pin a picture of yourself, or the content creator and introduce yourself. You want to create a familiarity with your following. Letting them know that it's a person behind the posts gives them a way they can relate to you even more than through your work.
- Second, I suggest watermarking your photos. Since Pinterest and every other social media out there make it easy for others to re use photos, you want your audience to know it is you and make it harder for others out there to steal your photo and take ownership of your pins.
- Start pinning. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words. It's all about presentation. Is your picture bold and eye catching? Your perspective audience will see your photo before anything else, so make sure it's a good one and showcases your item the way you would want it to be seen.
- Add hash tags. You may see all those little hash tags haunting you, but using them will help you. Hash tags help by directing people to pins that they are interested in and want to see. Not using them can hurt you by not getting your brand/product seen by people who are looking for it. Hash tags such as #etsymom #hairbows #handmade help just like a search engine, directing people to your pin.
- Add links to your Etsy store, or your webpage to help boost traffic that hopefully will bring future sales.
Being on Pinterest is not only fun, but it's a great way of reaching a bigger audience by utilizing it to your advantage. Do you have any other ways that you use to help you gain a bigger reach on Pinterest? Let us know, we'd love to hear from you.